"A Safe Place Where Teachers Can Teach and All Students Can Learn
How do I contact the school?
The office is open from Monday through Friday from 7:30 to 4:00. Stop by anytime, or if you need to call the phone number is (661) 631-5220. If you need to report an absence please call (661) 631-4915, and if you need to send us a fax please use (661) 872-3797.
How do I get to College Heights?
College Heights is located by the cross streets of Mt. Vernon and Columbus. You've probably seen our kids playing at recess as you drive by on Highway 178.
Why is attendance important?
For two reasons:
- Attendance is mandatory. Students are required to be at school every day. If they are absent more than three days, they are legally truant.
- We want your kids to succeed and do well- we all do. For students to do well in school, they must be here!
What can I do to help my child at school?
There are several things you can do to help your child succeed at school.
- Make sure he/she comes to school every day.
- Make sure their homework is being done every day. Get them in a routine of doing their homework at the same time every day. As soon as they get home, or right after dinner are both great times for homework. Don't put it off until too late, because they'll be too tired to do well on it.
- Read with them every day! This makes a huge difference! Get books from the library- it doesn't cost a dime, and your kids will really benefit.
- Spend time with them. Turn off the TV and play a game with them. Go for a hike. Do a project together. Give them lots of hugs. Tell them you are proud of them.
- Support your child's teacher. We all want the same thing- let's work together!
How do I find out about school events?
Read your monthly school newsletter. Also the office sends home special notices whenever something is coming up. (Check your students backpacks daily- the notes are probably there!)
When is the next school holiday?
Click here to see the district's master calendar for this school year